Château d’Armailhac is a Fifth Growth Estate in the Pauillac appellation of Bordeaux. The 126-acre estate has a complicated history and was renamed three times in the 20th century. From the 17th century until 1955 it was known as Château Mouton d’Armailhac. In 1933 it was purchased by Baron Philippe de Rothschild. The Baron renamed it Mouton-Baron-Philippe in 1956, and in 1975 changed it to Mouton-Baronne-Philippe, to honor his wife. Since 1989 it has once again been called Château d’Armailhac. The de Rothschild family also owns Mouton Rothschild and Clerc Milon. Château d’Armailhac is planted to 56% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. Some 220,000 bottles are produced each year.